Oily skin comes with certain benefits like aging more slowly and developing fewer wrinkles and fine lines than dry or normal skin. But it’s hard to keep that in mind when you’re constantly being plagued by the inconveniences of excess facial oil.
Anyone with oily skin can attest to how annoying is it to have overactive pores that produce enough sebum to grease a frying pan. You look shiny all day, your makeup never stays on and your cell phone gets coated in a layer of oil every time it comes in contact with your face.
Oil Absorbing Sheets
- Quantity: 100 sheets in 1 pack, the packaging opens and allows the tissues to pull out individually. EASY TO...
- Light weight and Convenient size: The package is a little smaller than a credit card and less than a quarter...
- Work well and Fast: These Oil blotting paper should be called 'presses' because no wiping is required. You...
When you have oily skin, leaving all that grease on your face is a bad idea because you will end up with clogged pores, which will in turn lead to blemishes and breakouts. But washing your face all the time isn’t an option (over washing is actually detrimental because it strips your skin of its natural oils, which leads it to produce more oil.)
Washing your face may also not be an option if you are at a party with makeup on. So what’s a girl (or guy) to do?
One way to remove the excess grease without washing your face is to use oil blotting paper or absorbing sheets. Oil blotting sheets will work way better than using tissue paper or wet wipes to remove oil from your face. The best part is that you can use them over your makeup without ruining it.
Such a simple yet effective solution, oil absorbing sheets provide 24/7 protection against excess oil. Plus, they’re small enough to carry absolutely anywhere and they take like 2 seconds to get the job done.
A must have in your arsenal against oily face. Plus, there are so many to choose from so you’ll be able to find the perfect ones for you. Find them here!
Pore Cleansing Clay
- NATURAL SKINCARE THAT WORKS: Enriched with 98.7% naturally-derived key ingredients to help skin feel smooth...
- FORMULATED FOR COMBINATION SKIN: Our Manuka Honey cleansing face mask is naturally absorbent and purifies...
- LUXURIOUS FACIAL: Charcoal and Australian clay help remove dead skin cells and absorb excess oil, gently...
Clays are Mother Nature’s gift to oily skinned beauties around the world. The best of these 100% natural oil-sucking marvels are amazingly absorbent. As soon as you add some liquid and apply to your face, the clay gets to work drawing out toxins, excess oils, bacteria, viruses, parasites and other impurities from your pores.
Use these heavy-hitting oil reducing clays just once or twice to cut down on excess sebum naturally and effectively. Just keep in mind – not all clays and muds are effective for when it comes to sucking the grease out of your pores. Check out the most hardcore clay masks for oily skin!
The Best Face Wash for Oily Skin
- ESPECIALLY GREAT FOR THOSE WITH VERY SENSITIVE SKIN: NO harmful chemicals of any kind (no chemical...
- OUR PRODUCTS ARE CONCENTRATED AND EFFECTIVE: Gently and thoroughly cleanses your skin without stripping,...
- MADE WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC & NATURAL INGREDIENTS: 100% Satisfaction GUARANTEED. Our products are prepared...
If you’ve got oily skin, the last thing you want to do is try to wash the oil off with drying and irritating cleansers. It’s tempting, sure, but it just doesn’t work. Harsh ingredients like astringents, alcohols and sulfates result in your skin compensating for the dryness and irritation by producing more oil! And we know that’s the last thing you want.
So when you’re shopping around for the perfect face wash for oily skin – go with a gentle, water-soluble cleanser that’s sulfate free and uses natural oil-zapping ingredients like activated charcoal, essential oils, and plant extracts to boost overall skin health and keep your skin’s precious acid mantle barrier intact.
Your skin will thank you for it by naturally producing less oil in the long run!
Oil Clearing Activated Charcoal
- Utilizes The Properties Of Activated Charcoal To Neutralize Acidity + Absorb Impurities
- Beneficial For All Skin Types Including Sensitive Or Problem Skin & Is Very Effective As A Treatment For...
- Gently Exfoliates The Skin With Maple Extract, Is Also An Excellent Shaving Cream + Deodorizing Body Wash
Turns out charcoal is good for a whole lot more than BBQ, especially if you have oily skin. Activated charcoal is wonderfully porous, which gives it pretty much magical ability to get right into your pores to absorb all the dirt, oil, and grime clogging them up.
And not only is it one of the best oily skin remedies you can get your hands on, but it’s also a great, natural remedy against unsightly blemishes and blackheads.
Matte Oil Control Mask
- Controls oil 24 hours with 10 minute mask treatment
- Helps reduce the redness of Acne outbreaks
- Helps dry up Acne Outbreaks when used as a drying lotion
Sometimes, a girl just gets tired of blotting her face with oil absorbing sheets and dusting on yet another layer of matte powder foundation. Sometimes, a girl just wants her face to stay nice and matte without having to put anything on it. If only that were possible…
Meet Skin Obsession’s Matte Perfection. This oil control mask is pretty much magic. You simply put it on early morning or late at night before you sleep for around 10 minutes. Then you wash it off. And here’s where the magic happens: this mask keeps your skin oil-free and matte for 24 to 48 hours after you rinse the mask off!
We don’t have to tell you this one’s a must have, do we? Find it here!
Azelaic Acid for Naturally Matte Skin
- Perfect skin due to the lightening action of 4-n-butylresorcinol and the balancing effect of retinol
- Lightening action that unifies the skin
- Unifies and smooths the appearance of skin with dark spots
Azelaic Acid is a compound that has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s used for skin problems like acne and rosacea and is a great product for oily skin because it exfoliates the surface of your skin.
One of the problems people with oily skin face is having to deal with a thick extra layer of dead skin cells. Exfoliating helps dissolve this layer and thus reduces the appearance of buildup and clogged pores. If you have acne as well as oily skin, Azelaic acid will help reduce the appearance of acne too by working on the bacteria in the hair follicles on your face.
But our favorite thing about Azelaic acid? It makes your skin naturally matte – as soon as you apply it and over time as you keep using it. It’s sort of a miracle product that way.
A few things you should keep in mind, though is that Azelaic acid can lighten your skin – it’s a natural ingredient but it does work as a melanin inhibitor, making it a skin lightening product. This may be good news for you if you’re looking to fade dark spots and acne scars but you might want to avoid this if you’re not looking to lighten your skin tone.
Also keep in mind that a=when using Azelaic acid, your skin will be more sensitive to sun exposure. Always, always wear sunscreen!
- SPEARMINT LEAF TEA BAGS - 20 Tea Bags filled with premium spearmint leaf from USA.
- ORGANIC SPEARMINT LEAF TEA - The tea is filled into tea bags and packed into foil-lined kraft bags in...
- 20 ECO-CONSCIOUS TEA BAGS - Our premium tea bags are constructed of Abacá Hemp Fiber Paper. They are free of...
Sometimes, getting rid of oily skin is less about what you put on your face and more about what you put in your body. Like in this case.
Testosterone has been linked to increased sebum production so if that’s a factor behind your oily skin, you need to zap the problem right at the source. An easy way to do it? Drink spearmint tea. This yummy stuff has been shown to reduce testosterone levels and cut down on oily skin and acne. Not bad for such a deliciously soothing tea! Get some here!
Natural Oils to Combat Oiliness
Putting more oil on your face to combat oily skin may seem counterproductive, but in truth natural oils are a great way to moisturize oily skin, and even reduce oil production! When you apply natural oils to your face, two things happen. Firstly, your skin starts producing less oil because the oil applied mimics the skin’s sebum.
Secondly, oil can help unclog pores by dissolving the oil and impurities that are already there – this is why some people swear by using oil as a cleanser instead of soaps or other facial cleaners. The logic is simple, oil dissolves oil, so natural oils are the best way to dissolve sebum.
Just remember a few pointers when you are using oil on your face to combat oily skin:
Less is more: While people with dry skin can apply as much oil as they want, people with oily skin should limit their application to once per day, or the oil may have a negative impact. When putting oil on your face, remember to put it on at night instead of in the morning. This is because your skin produces more sebum in the morning, and you’ll also probably want to use a sunscreen during the day.
The lighter the better: All oils are not made equal and heavy oils will do your skin more harm than good. Look for oils that disappear into your skin and are absorbed quickly, as opposed to oils that sit on your skin even after you’ve tried rubbing them in.
And most important: Choose an oil that’s rich in linoleic acid – not oleic acid. Oleic acid is found in the sebum that oily, acne-prone skin produces whereas linoleic acid is found in the sebum of healthy, breakout-free skin.
Trust us when we say you want sebum that leans more toward linoleic than oleic. The good news is that by supplying your skin with linoleic acid, over time you can gradually shift your own sebum from greasy oleic to lovely linoleic. See the best oils for oily skin!
Retinol for Oily Skin
- ANTI-WRINKLE & ANTI-AGING: Our creamy anti-aging Retinol Moisturizer reduces the appearance of wrinkles,...
- BENEFICIAL KEY INGREDIENTS: Formulated with a remedying mixture of 2.5% active retinol, vitamin E, organic...
- INCREASE YOUR SKIN FIRMNESS AND ELASTICITY: Multi-action power of anti-aging vitamins! Fade sun damage,...
If you’ve ever had to battle acne or skin discolouration, you will have heard of the ingredient retinol. Retinol helps build collagen and firms the skin up, so it’s great for tightening your pores. As we know, oily skin mostly always means enlarged pores. Apply products with retinol onto your face and your pore size will reduce in appearance. Reduced pores equals less oil.
Fun fact: Retinol is also the main ingredient in most age-defying products because it helps combat age spots and wrinkles. So you’ll be fighting two things at the same time!
- COMPLETE AT-HOME KIT: All you need in one box for a chemical peel spa treatment in the comfort of your own...
- ACNE TREATMENT: An effective peel for treatment of acne. Purges pores of dirt, sebum and dead skin cells
- EXFOLIATES: Salicylic Acid gently exfoliates and peels away the topmost skin layer to reveal smooth, bright...
Okay, now we’ve arrived at the biggest heavy hitter for oily skin. You probably already know that chemical peels are used for a variety of problems including fine lines and wrinkles, acne and acne scars, hyperpigmentation and sun spots, as well as to give your overall skin a radiant, rejuvenated look.
But did you know that certain chemical peels can be amazingly effective for both reducing pore size and cutting down on oil production?
There are three types of chemical peels: superficial, medium and deep peels. When using a chemical peel to combat oily skin, you will want to use a superficial peel to rejuvenate the top layer of your skin. Superficial peels, especially salicylic acid peels, help slow down sebum production, leaving your skin less oily in general.
Salicylic acid is the best for oily skin because it is lipophilic – meaning it dissolves in oil, so it does a better job of penetrating deep into the pores and oil glands.
The best thing about superficial peels is that you don’t need to go to a dermatologist to get the benefits – you can perform them yourself right in the comfort of your home. Just keep in mind to follow the instructions to a T, start slow and small and always wear sunscreen ’cause after your peel, your new skin will be raw and more susceptible to sun damage.Find the best at home chemical peel for oily skin!