Acne may be brought on by stress, hormones and genetics, and about 85% of people will experience it sometime in their lives. Many people mistakenly believe that acne only affects teenagers, but it actually affects about 30-40% of adult-aged women. Rodan and Fields UNBLEMISH can help clear up your acne, regardless of your age.
Acne can cause frustration and embarrassment, as well as the physical symptoms. You can treat acne, though, and you can control and prevent it. These products are made by the same company that produces Proactiv, a perennial favorite for acne care, although not necessarily the best you can get.
How Does UNBLEMISH Work?
The Rodan and Fields® UNBLEMISH system is meant to be a continuous regimen that will interrupt the cycle of acne. This includes trapped oil, clogged pores, hyper-pigmentation, inflammation and bacterial attack. If you use UNBLEMISH daily, their products will stop blackheads and pimples, as well as dark marks from post-acne scarring.
The UNBLEMISH system is based on Multi-Med therapy, and it’s a complete regimen that combines prescription type medications used in non-prescription strength. The system adds cosmetic ingredients that can penetrate to the problem levels of the skin, stopping the development of acne and treating discoloration before it’s visible on your skin.
Dermatologists are behind UNBLEMISH, and they realize that exposure to the sun may trigger acne, and make you more likely to have permanent discoloration. So they included SPF 20 sunscreen to their attack on acne. The makers believe that combining the proper ingredients into accurate formulas, and using them in the proper order, will help your skin become clear of acne.
“I had long ago given up hope of ever leaving home without (wearing) foundation. However, after seeing an article in Allure Magazine, I tracked down the Rodan + Fields products and began using the UNBLEMISH Regime. I’ve had acne since my teens and now at 30, for the first time in my life, thanks to Rodan + Fields products, I feel beautiful.” – anonymous review
What do the Active Ingredients in UNBLEMISH do, to Get Rid of Acne?
The active ingredients in UNBLEMISH are reported to kill bacteria deep within your pores, which heals your blemishes and prevents future breakouts. They help in reducing redness and blotchiness that may be associated with breakouts. You’ll have more deeply-cleaned skin, with unclogged pores and less irritation.
In addition, the formulas of UNBLEMISH will lighten and prevent post-acne discoloration and marks, and protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays that can be harmful. They also control your skin’s oil production, and get rid of shiny skin.
Do You Have Clinical Proof that UNBLEMISH Works?
Clinical tests have proven that UNBLEMISH can combat acne’s entire life cycle. It helps in unclogging pores and clearing breakouts. It also keeps your skin calm and your complexion clear, to keep blackheads, pimples and marks from post-acne from appearing on your skin.
“I am 29 and had to take contraceptive pills for almost 5 years which provided breeding ground to acne. Through home remedies my acne got reduced a bit but my skin got weary. Then someone told me about Rodan & Fields. As my skin is very sensitive, this set of face wash, cleanser and lotion treated it in a very gentle way. It surely deserves a 4 out of 5.” – Patricia M
What Products Does the UNBLEMISH Regimen Contain?
- UNBLEMISH Acne Treatment Sulfur Wash is a medicated cleanser with 3% sulfur at an FDA-approved level to unclog your pores and reduce skin redness. It helps your pores to remain clear, allowing the medicines used for treatment to be delivered well into your pores, where they can do the best job.
- UNBLEMISH Spot Fading Toner is alcohol-free with 2% hydroquinone which prevents and lightens post acne spots and marks. The salicylic acid helps by removing dead skin cells, as it keeps your pores clear and prepares your skin for the treatments.
- UNBLEMISH Dual Intensive Acne Treatment uses a unique delivery system with two chambers. The delivery method ensures that the maximum efficacy of the 2.5” benzoyl peroxide can penetrate deeply into your pores, stopping breakouts by killing bacteria.
- UNBLEMISH Oil Control Lotion SPF 20 is formulated especially for people with skin that is prone to acne. It’s a lightweight formula that protects against UV rays and controls oils. This product will allow your post-acne skin to be even, without marks that indicate previous acne.
What other UNBLEMISH Products Can Help Me with Acne?
- Rodan and Fields UNBLEMISH Dual Intensive Acne Treatment contains 5% benzoyl peroxide, which is strong to kill acne, but it may also irritate your skin, possibly in a serious way.
- Rodan and Fields UNBLEMISH Acne Treatment Sulfur Wash contains 3% sulfur. This type of product has been used for many years to treat acne. It usually works quite well, but unfortunately, it also tends to dry out skin. When you decide to use this product, be sure to use a moisturizer as well, so that your skin won’t become over-dried and peel.
Sulfur wash does help some people who don’t get results from benzoyl peroxide and tea tree oil. Leave it on the skin for about five minutes, and try it on one small area of skin first, to make sure you don’t have any adverse reactions. You’ll want to determine this, before you apply the product to your whole face. Sulfur washes are not effective on blackheads or whiteheads.
Rodan and Fields UNBLEMISH products work fairly well if you have fair skin, but avoid using it if you have African or Asian skin, since there may be discoloration or disfigurement.
The UNBLEMISH Oil Control Lotion is a good product to control the shiny look of oily skin, for eight hours or so.
Rodan and Fields Blot Papers work well at controlling shiny areas of your skin if you don’t usually use makeup. The zinc is sometimes effective in reducing oil production, although not everyone who uses the product will see the benefits.
There are products that cost less that perform about as well as Rodan and Fields, so keep an open mind when you are deciding which acne solution will work the best for you.